Skin care can be an overwhelming and confusing process. Finding the right skin care products to fit you, your skin, and your lifestyle is challenging; let alone finding a simple yet effective regimen that works. Skin care has be around since ancient Egypt and most products do have roots in botanicals and naturally occurring substances.
- Many products are the purified concentrates of the active substances in these naturally occurring substances. Anti-oxidants and Retinol are perfect examples of these purified and modified extracts which are more effective than their natural derivative and penetrate into the skin in a higher concentration.
Overnight recovery complexes are commonly used to help repair the skin from daily and long-term damage, as well as strengthen the skin to help prevent further damage.
- The problem is that overnight recovery complexes may be leaned on too heavily to do all of the work rather than rely on a well rounded regimen of active morning and night skin care with day time preventive measures too.
Overnight recovery complexes are great and do work, but should be incorporated into a daily and individualized skin care regimen which includes a skin appropriate cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and sunscreen. Adding an anti-oxidant, growth factor, retinol and pigment agent depends on what your goals are for the regimen and what your lifestyle is like. Overnight repair complexes do a good job of adding this component to your regimen which is simple and effective.
- Anti-oxidants help to brighten and tighten the skin,as well as protect the skin from harmful free radicals.
- Growth factors can help to thicken and smooth the skin through increased collagen formation, as well as repair damaged skin.
There are numerous skin care lines and numerous overnight repair products. Three effective overnight repair products are:
- Resveratrol B E by SkinCeuticals which is an anti-oxidant and resveratrol combination to help repair and rejuvenate the skin.
- ReGenica® by Obagi® which is a growth factor product which will thicken and smooth the skin.
- TNS Essential Serum™ by SkinMedica® which is a growth factor concentrate or the™ which is a growth factor and anti-oxidant combination which is effective in improving fine lines and texture of the skin.
All of these products are effective and available only in medical skin care offices. They should be distributed only after a skin care consultation and their use can be combined with select products so not to negate their positive effects. Retinols and pigment agents are typically combined for night time use and can be combined with these products to really actively reverse skin damage and skin aging.
For skin care to work, the products must be used regularly and applied properly. This is one of the most important steps in skin care, and this is why a regimen needs to be individualized and simplified so patients stick with it and don’t get frustrated.
To find the right overnight repair complex that is right for you, set up a skin care consultation with Dr. Trussler in his Austin Texas plastic surgery office.