Dr. Trussler in Austin now offers Restylane® Kysse. Restylane® Kysse is a clear injectable gel composed of hyaluronic acid (HA). HA is a naturally occurring sugar, found in the human body.
Restylane® Kysse is crosslinked with BDDE, an ingredient that helps form a network of HA to provide a gel filler that lasts longer. HA fillers, including Restylane® Kysse, contains HA that has been modified to last longer in the body than the naturally occurring HA. Restylane® Kysse contains 0.3 % lidocaine to reduce pain during injection.
Restylane® Kysse is used for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and the correction of upper perioral rhytids in patients over the age of 21. Dr. Trussler of Austin, TX has significant experience with Restylane® Kysse injections and will listen to your goals and evaluate your face to determine if Restylane® Kysse is the right product for your in-office lip augmentation.
What happens in the office before the injection?
- Talk to you about your medical history, including questions about prior procedures, surgeries, illnesses and medications you have taken.
- Talk to you about your desired results for your procedure.
- Examine your face and discuss whether Restylane Kysse is the right treatment for you.
- Review what you should expect during and after the procedure.
- Let you know of any possible side effects that you may experience, and what to do if you experience these.
- Take photos of the area of your face that will be treated.
Restylane® Kysse Treatment
Restylane® Kysse is injected into the lips and the lines around the upper lip to temporarily add fullness to the lips and help smooth the wrinkles around the upper lip (perioral lines) in patients over the age of 21. It is injected with an ultrafine needle into your lips to add fullness. It can also be injected into the skin above your lips to help smooth the wrinkles around your upper lip (perioral lines). The picture below shows the treatment areas for Restylane Kysse.
During the procedure:
- Your skin will be cleansed prior to treatment
- Use a cream or ointment called a topical anesthetic to numb the area where you will receive your injection.
- Your doctor will begin the procedure by giving you the first injection, then pausing to allow the anesthetic that is part of Restylane Kysse to continue to numb the area around your injection. The anesthetic part of Restylane Kysse has been shown to significantly reduce the pain and discomfort that may occur with a dermal filler gel injection.
- Your doctor will continue the injection of Restylane Kysse until the area being treated shows the desired results.
- After the injection is completed, your doctor may gently massage the area that was treated to ensure the dermal filler gel is distributed evenly and looks natural.
Are there any reasons why I should not receive Restylane® Kysse?
We will ask about your medical history to determine if Restylane® Kysse is right for you. Patients with any of these conditions should not use Restylane® Kysse:
- Highly allergic (for example: a history of severe allergic reaction or multiple severe allergies). Use may result in an allergic reaction.
- If you have previous experience with allergic reactions to HA fillers. Use may result in an allergic reaction.
- Allergic to anesthetics, such as lidocaine. Use may result in an allergic reaction.
What precautions should be taken?
- The use of Restylane Kysse where skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections are present should be postponed until healing is complete. Use of Restylane Kysse where these are present could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.
- As with any injection procedure, you may have a higher risk of bruising or bleeding at the injection site if you have a bleeding disorder.
- Tell your doctor if you are using St. John’s Wort, high doses of Vitamin E supplements, aspirin, and other NSAIDs, such as ibuprofen, because these may increase bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other skin therapies such as laser, mechanical or chemical peeling, microneedling and hair removal after treatment. The use of Restylane Kysse with these skin therapies may lead to other side effects such as inflammation.
- After treatment with Restylane Kysse, you should minimize exposure to the sun and avoid being in the heat and cold until any redness or swelling has disappeared. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety and effectiveness of Restylane Kysse has not been established in pregnant women or nursing mothers.
- Tell your doctor if you are on a therapy to decrease the body’s immune response. Treatment may result in an increased risk of infection.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of thick, hard scars (excessive scarring). The safety and effectiveness of Restylane Kysse in patients with a history of thick, hard scars has not been studied and may result in additional scarring.
What will Restylane® Kysse do for me?
Restylane Kysse will temporarily add volume to the lips and help smooth the wrinkles above your mouth. Restylane Kysse was studied in many subjects like yourself to determine if it was effective and to ensure
that it is safe for use.
The study doctors reported:
- 77% (129/168) of subjects had at least a 1-point improvement in lip fullness 6 months after treatment
- 60% (101/169) of subjects had at least a 1-point improvement in lip fullness 12 months after treatment
The subjects reported:
- 88% (148/169) rated an improvement in the appearance 6 months after treatment
- 78% (132/169) rated an improvement in the appearance 12 months after treatment
What are the side effects of Restylane® Kysse injections?
In the study of Restylane Kysse, most side effects were mild or moderate in nature and their duration was short lasting (7 days or less). The most common side effects included, but was not limited to, temporary injection site responses such as:
- Pain/tenderness, o firmness,
Whether you have a question or would like to set up a Restylane® Kysse consultation, Dr. Trussler and his staff are here to help. Please fill out our contact form, or call our office at (512) 450-1077 to schedule an appointment. Start your journey to not only looking but feeling better today!