Dr. Trussler Offers The Brazilian Butt Lift or Buttock Fat Transfer using the patient’s own purified fat to shape, volumize, and contour the buttock region.
The Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) procedure not only improves the buttocks but helps shape the surrounding areas, including the hips, thighs and waist. Fat from other areas in the body is harvested through liposuction directly into a closed system which helps to wash and strain the fat cells. The fat is processed utilizing the PureGraft system which helps to deliver pure fat that lasts in the areas of injection. The injection is done in a multi-planar technique to help shape and volumize the buttocks in an individualized fashion delivering long-lasting results with your own tissue.
Dr. Trussler offers multiple techniques in buttock contouring in Austin, TX to help achieve the shape and profile that suits your goals. Find out how affordable a Brazilian Butt lift is here or call 512-450-1077.
What Are My Bazilian Butt Lift Options?
There different types of buttock augmentation and buttock lift procedures which are designed to address differing degrees of buttock flattening, sagging or lack of shape. Brazilian Butt lifts are ideal for healthy, non-smoking patients who would like refinements in their buttock shape and size and who have adequate donor sites to harvest fat from. Patients should be at a stable weight and have a comfortable diet and exercise routine prior to considering any body contouring procedure. Patients who present for buttock augmentation and buttock lift surgery are typically frustrated because no matter how many squats or lunges they do, the buttock just won’t shape the way they want. The solution may be to add volume to the area in the form of fat or an implant or to lift and remove the excess skin and contour the waist and thigh with liposuction. Dr. Trussler offers multiple techniques for buttock contouring:
Liposuction can remove fat form areas around the buttock to help shape and contour waist and thighs, accentuating the buttocks.
Buttock Fat Injection (Brazilian Butt Lift)
Buttock Fat Injection (Brazilian Butt Lift) can remove fat from another area, typically abdomen and back, for re-injection into the buttock to add volume and shape to this area.
Buttock Implants are silicone implants placed under the gluteal muscle to add shape and volume to the buttock. They are typically used when there is not enough donor fat for fat injection to the buttock.
Buttock Lift is an excisional technique commonly combined with a body lift, which lifts and removes excess skin in the sagging buttock. This is usually performed on a patient who has lost weight either through diet and exercise, or after bariatric surgery.
Buttock Lift with Auto-augmentation
Buttock Lift with Auto-augmentation is a technique where buttock tissue typically removed in a buttock lift is used to help fill areas of flattening and help shape the buttock.
Brazilian Butt Lifts can help volumize and contour the buttock with fat injected into multiple sites and depths of the buttock. Increased projection and roundness can be achieved with long-lasting results with adequate amounts of purified fat injected into the proper areas of the buttocks. For shape and contour, the entire waist, back, and hips should be evaluated to see areas that need to be reduced, and then if the buttocks need added volume and projection, the harvested fat is added in the areas of deficiency.
- Liposuction around the buttock with fat injection into defined areas of the buttock is the ideal method of buttock augmentation because it is reliable, safe, with limited risk of infection.
- The PureGraft system helps ensure purified fat that is viable and consistent to inject with a higher percentage of long-term fat survival.
Patients should be healthy, non-smoking and at a stable weight prior to considering this procedure. When considering fat injections to the buttock, the patient should have enough fat deposits elsewhere to use for injections. Many patients do inquire about other body contouring procedures at the time of consultation. Buttock augmentation and buttock lifts are commonly performed in conjunction with chest, breast, abdominal, and/or outer thigh contouring procedures.
Realistic expectations are important when considering Brazilian Butt Lift surgery.
- Dr. Trussler will listen to your goals and factor into the extent and location of excess buttock fat and skin to help come up with a buttock contouring procedure that is right for you.
- No matter what type of buttock lift is performed there will be a scar. Scar quality and how the scar heals depends on what is done before, during and after surgery. Choosing the right incision type for your buttock contouring and Dr. Trussler’s surgical experience to help with scarring, but good nutrition, smoking cessation, avoidance of sun, limiting activity, and active scar care all help to improve the healing process. Dr. Trussler will provide detailed instructions for your Brazilian Butt Lift or fat transfer procedure.
Brazilian Butt Lift surgery usually takes two to three hours to complete and is done under general anesthesia in the operating room. The areas of fat addition and the areas of liposuction for fat harvest, as well as the incision placement, are typically marked during the pre-operative appointment. The procedure may involve liposuction of the abdomen, thighs, back, and arms to harvest enough fat for re-injection, therefore, the procedure may be started in the front with the back down position.
Liposuction for fat harvest
Liposuction uses a small hollow cannula to help break-up fat deposits and suction the fat cells to help flatten and shape the areas around the buttocks. This technique alone can provide the contour needed to reshape the buttocks and give the narrow waist which is accentuated with buttock volume enhancement.
Buttock Fat Injection (Brazilian Butt Lift)
Buttock Fat Injection (Brazilian Butt Lift) can remove from another area, typically abdomen, hips and back with liposuction. The fat that is removed is filtered with the PureGraft system and then placed in syringes for re-injection into the buttocks. There are predictable areas for volume replacement in the buttocks to help re-shape and enhance the buttocks. Dr. Trussler strives to give the patient the shape and projection they desire using their own bodies fat.
All Brazilian Butt Lift incisions are closed with two layers of absorbable sutures. Compression garments are used to help limit bruising and swelling after the procedure. Most patients can go home the same day after this procedure.
Butt Lift After Care & Recovery
After any type of buttock contouring procedure, patients will likely experience mild soreness and swelling for a few days. The incisions are typically dressed with surgical glue, and compressive foam and compression garments may be used to help limit swelling and bruising in the area.
- The buttocks will be supported in a soft compression garment for about three weeks.
- Dr. Trussler advises to refrain from sitting for longer than 5 minutes at a time for the first 2 weeks after any buttock procedure, but pillows and foam may be used to shift weight to the legs instead of the buttock.
- Any stitches will be removed after one or two weeks.
- Most patients will be able to return to work within a week, although exercise and other strenuous activity should be avoided for about a three weeks.
- Dr. Trussler will provide you with specific instructions for your individual recovery.
The results of a Brazilian Butt Lift are visible immediately after surgery and will continue to improve as swelling subsides and scars fade. The buttock shape will evolve over a three month period especially in the cases of significant fat injection. Scar treatment will be initiated at the 3-week visit and may be continued for 3 to 6 months after the operation, or until the scar softens and fade.
*Disclaimer: Results and individual patient experience may vary.
Before & Afters