Breast Lift Austin, Texas
Breast lift, also known as mastopexy, is a surgical procedure performed to reshape and support the breasts that have sagged and lost volume as a result of aging, pregnancy, weight loss, and gravity. The breast is reshaped by a combination of removing breast skin, repositioning the nipple areolar complex, and contouring the shape of the breast. As a result of a breast lift or mastopexy, the breasts are more youthful and firmer. The nipple and areola are typically resized during this procedure to further enhance the appearance of the breast.
What Are My Options For A Breast Lift?
There are numerous options offered to the patient who inquires about a breast lift with Dr. Trussler. The type mastopexy procedure depends on the patient’s goals, including the choice for reduced, equal or larger volume breasts, as well as the amount of sag in the breast, the firmness of the breast tissue being lifted, the size of the areola, and any previous breast procedures.
The types of mastopexy offered by Dr. Trussler include:
Standard Breast Lift (Mastopexy) with a vertical or inverted T scar pattern which reshapes the breast and repositions the nipple making it more youthful and at least one half cup size smaller.
Breast Lift with a Breast Implant (Mastopexy-Augmentation) with a vertical or inverted T scar pattern which reshapes the breast and repositions the nipple over a silicone or saline breast implant which adds volume to the breast.
Periareolar Breast Lift with a Breast Implant repositions and reduces the size the nipple areola over a silicone or saline breast implant which adds shape and volume to the breast with a scar around the areola.
Mastopexy with Auto-Augmentation repositions the breast tissue to give volume without the use of a breast implant through an inverted T scar pattern, as well as repositions the nipple areola.
Breast Lift Surgery
A breast lift procedure is commonly performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia and usually takes two to three hours depending on what type of lift is to be performed. A breast lift is commonly part of a Mommy Makeover procedure which is a phrase typically used to define a grouping of breast and abdominal procedures that can help correct the effects of pregnancy.
- In all breast lift procedures, the incisions are made around the nipple areola to reduce its size and facilitate the ability to move it upwards.
- In a standard breast lift, the excess breast skin is removed and then tightened around the repositioned nipple.
- In a mastopexy augmentation procedure, the breast is reshaped after the implant is placed under the muscle and then the excess breast skin is removed and tightened around the repositioned nipple.
- In an auto-augmentation, the breast tissue is wrapped around the nipple areola to give the appearance and firmness of a breast implant. The breast skin is then tightened around the repositioned nipple.
- The majority of breast incisions are closed with stitches under the skin. Dr. Trussler does place deeper supportive sutures which help support the breast over time.
- The nipple areola is sized so that they are round and equal in size. These incisions are closed with stitches that need to be removed though limit any scarring around the areola.
A breast lift is a common procedure for many women seeking to enhance the appearance of their breasts, especially after having children. The ideal candidates for a breast lift are healthy, non-smoking women without a personal or significant family history of breast cancer who have:
- Sagging breasts
- Breasts that have lost shape or volume
- Breast that has sagged over breast implants
- Breasts that are flat or elongated
- Nipples or areolas that are enlarged
- One breast lower than the other
- Breasts that have been overstretched by large breast implants
Mastopexy After Care & Recovery
- Lesavoy, MA, Trussler, AP, Dickinson, BP. Difficulties with Subpectoral Augmentation Mammaplasty Correction: The Role of Subglandular Site Change in Revision Aesthetic Breast Surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010 Jan:125(1):363-371.
Whether you have a question or would like to set up a consultation, Dr. Trussler and his staff are here to help. Please fill out our contact form, or call our office at (512) 450-1077 to schedule an appointment. Start your breast lift journey today!