You are not alone if you are considering facial plastic surgery in Austin. In fact, Austin is one of the most popular cities for this type of surgery.
There are several reasons why people choose to have surgery in Austin, including the city’s reputation for excellence in medical care, the availability of experienced surgeons, and the city’s relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
Facial plastic surgery can be a great way to improve your appearance and your self-confidence. Make sure you choose a qualified surgeon who you feel comfortable with if you are considering surgery.
Keep reading to learn more about facial plastic surgery in Austin and to find out if it is right for you!
The Benefits of Facial Surgery
Despite the risks, many benefits can be gained from facial surgery. Some of the most common benefits include:
One of the most apparent benefits of facial surgery is an improved appearance. This can lead to an increase in confidence and self-esteem.
In some cases, facial surgery can also improve the function of the face. For example, rhinoplasty can improve breathing function, and blepharoplasty can improve vision.
Face surgery can sometimes help to correct congenital disabilities or deformities. This can improve both the appearance and function of the face.
The Risks of Facial Surgery
As with any surgery, there are always risks involved. Some of the risks associated with facial surgery include the following:
- Anesthesia risks: There are always risks associated with anesthesia, such as respiratory problems, nausea, and vomiting.
- Bleeding: There is always a risk of bleeding during and after surgery.
- Infection: There is also a risk of infection at the surgical site.
- Nerve damage: Facial surgery can sometimes cause damage to the nerves in the face, which can lead to paralysis or numbness.
- Scarring: All surgery will result in some scarring. The amount and visibility of the scarring will depend on the type of surgery, the incision placement, and the individual’s healing process.
Plastic surgery can be a great way to improve the appearance of your face. Give Dr. Andrew Trussler in Austin a call at 512-450-1077 to get started!